After many hours of design, testing and development we present to you the MX5 Shifter made by Short Shift Engineering. Styled with a matte black anodized finish to blend into the existing factory interior whilst utilizing factory mounting points for ease of install.
This shifter will come with all parts needed making them capable of being installed to either 5 speed NA/NB or the later 6 speed NB gearboxes without the need to choose at the time of ordering.
- Short precise H pattern shifting
- CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminium construction
- 304 Stainless fixtures and bottom pivot
- Quad rings used to seal needle rollers from the elements for longevity and low maintenance.
- Removable threaded shift knob, allowing the use of other after market options (M10x1.25 thread)
- Adjustable side to side stops, limiting side throw and force on the gearbox
- Matte black anodized finish
- 2 piece main body design allowing easy access to all instillation bolts
Shifters will come with a rubber boot and stainless steel frame for between the transmission tunnel and shifter but not the visible shifter boot. We are currently working on a shift boot for these shifters which will become available in the near future to order separately.
Bottom pivot bushes will also be included suited for both 6 speed and 5 speed. Still confirming details on these, Likely to be Brass or nylon. Factory bushes will also be usable if you wish
Shifters will also come with a detailed step by step fitting instruction guide.
Increased road noise and rattle can be expected with the factory rubbers and installation of a metallic shifter. SSE have done their best to eliminate this during design and manufacturing. Condition of the gearbox internals do lead to different levels of rattle.