On Monday 7th November, will be expanding the recent changes to our services for residential deliveries. The below regions will be switched over to an overnight only service for residential deliveries.
- Southwest Sydney… Bonnyrigg, Liverpool, Oran Park, Campbelltown, Camden, Cabramatta and surrounding suburbs.
- Northwest Sydney… Carlingford, Epping, Eastwood, Marsfield, North Rocks, Ermington, West Pennant Hills, Northmead and surrounding suburbs
- Upper Northshore… Wahroonga, Turramurra, Normanhurst, Westleigh, West Pymble and surrounding suburbs
Will home businesses be affected by this change?
Genuine home businesses will still receive a same day service. We will also continue to deliver same day the perishable freight we do for some clients.
The big question…. What classifies a “home business?”
Unfortunately the answer is a little complicated. We receive many residential deliveries with business names that are not a home business, but they have been ordered using a business name for various reasons.
Below is what we use to classify a home business. We are more than happy to hear your thoughts if you feel we have missed something.
- Someone is at the address Monday-Friday during normal business hours.
- The resident of the home address has a mobile business, which means they need to go to their clients throughout the day. For example: mobile mechanic, plumber, IT Consultant……These addresses MUST have authority to leave instructions or someone home to accept deliveries.
- Construction sites are deemed a business address. The main issue here is most construction sites are closed by 3pm, and our same day delivery schedule is 1.00pm-5.30pm. If the site closes before 5.30pm, please write this info on the parcel. If we are able to leave the goods somewhere if they are closed, please write this on the parcel…. we want to avoid drivers going to sites at 4pm only to find out they have to go back the next morning because no one is there.
How to label parcels that are a home business?
To help us ensure home business parcels are sorted correctly for same day delivery, we ask that you add “Business Address” within the address details. The bigger the better.
We will also have dedicated stickers available (no charge) that can be used. Please email us if you would like some.
Residential Delivery expectations
Please notify your residential clients of this change. Neither of us wants an upset receiver calling at 5.00pm looking for a delivery that is not due till the following day.
Why are we doing this?
Over the last few years, there has been a huge increase in home deliveries in the transport industry. The reality in our world is that you cannot focus on both business and residential deliveries; they are very different in their requirements. Some of our competitors have attempted taking on a bunch of B2C, and the result for their business clients was not good.
We have always been a business to business courier, and this will remain our main focus. The best way we can cater to the big increase in residential… and still continue to provide Sydney, Central Coast, Blue Mountains and Wollongong businesses the Same Day service we always have…. is the reason we are doing this.
Please let us know if you have any questions, always happy to help.
Go Logistics Team